I split 3 plants up into 19 more strawberry plants, I’m still unsure of the names but I know one of the plants was a white variety as I grew them from seed a few years ago.
That takes me to about 35 plants. I need approximately 60 altogether to fit into my vertical planters I am making .
I do plan on getting a variety of different coloured strawberries ready to grow next year.
I’ve also brought my grapevine indoors to bring it on over winter.
I was also given a wheelbarrow, it needs a bit of doing up, so another project to keep me going. It’s in full working order, just real flaky paintwork.
So after picking up the downpipes on Tuesday and cutting the holes into one of them, I decided to start potting up all the strawberry plants I have in the garden.
This is from just the ones randomly around the garden –
These where the ones with little to no root so have put them in water and am hoping for the best –
Tomorrow or Saturday will be the trough I was given by my aunt, I’ll pot the shoots first then go from there –
My neighbor is having a patio layed so when I seen this pallet on top I had to have it, it will make an excellent raised bed –
So yesterday I acquired a strawberry plant (unsure of the name) and some mint cuttings ( also currently unsure of type) they where potted up in the greenhouse yesterday and still look ok this morning.
Today I should be getting 3 pieces of down pipe to get me started with vertical strawberry planters. Hopefully bringing g up the yield of strawberries from about 4 -5 to a lot more than that.
So almost 3 years since I last posted, I have moved into a new house with a bigger garden and have recently acquired a greenhouse so have decided to start gardening again, mainly to get my girls into gardening.
It’s still a work in progress and has got a lot more work to do but I’m hoping to get it ready for next year to start growing nice and early.
So after who know how long I have started back out in the garden. Even with the neglect I have been showing it, it has come on since last year.There are a few dead patches in the grass that im clearing up. Here are a few update pictures –
As you can see the green manure has really filled this patch up and looks much better.
The bug corner is coming on really well too.
Here is the raised bed with some freshly dug in manure –
A job to do is fix the fence that blew over and broke in the bad weather we had –
This is my firewood rack and fire pit –
I have also bought myself one of those cheap tomato houses, to get me started on them this year –
Here are a few pictures of my established plants –
Here is the start I have made on my shed, its a custom build and may take a while to complete, all though I have got a few plans for it –
Some of the seedlings in the greenhouse –
Here are the 50p fruit bushes that I bought from B&M Bargains, They were dead but hopefully are just dormant-
And finally a friend I was watching in the garden before I went out –
I was watching him for a good half hour trying to get of the block.
Tomorrow my day is going to consist of re-potting the current plants, I am also going to get some cuttings from some of the bushes I have and I may have a fig cutting lined up.
First off, let me give my apologies for the lack of updates, but you know how it goes sometimes, other stuff get priority.
That doesn’t mean that I didn’t do any gardening though. I have done quite a bit.
Here is a picture of the grape vine before I split it up into three –
and here they are after I had finished –
Notice the potting bench in the above photo. That’s what all those planks got turned into, I’ll get a better picture tomorrow.
Now this is what I am the most happiest with, The raised bed.
From left to right – Sunflowers, Rainbow Chard, Rocket Salad and Rhubarb.
Ill get another update tonight ready for tomorrow.
Today I haven’t done much out in the garden. I put all the plants out to bask in the sun –
The spinach has started showing signs of life –
I stripped down a pallet and had a surprisingly large amount of usable wood from it –
Just need to get hold of some more now.
I also test planted the green manure and wildflower, using the clean dirt from the garden –
Hopefully another nice day for flower basking again tomorrow.