I have now put the raised bed into the ground, it went in pretty easy, only moving the odd few over sized stones.
And it is looking good just need to clear all the rubble, glass and other debris to make it safe now, so a labour intensive job.
The sieving is going well though as I am about half way through, this is the amount of dirt I have cleared –
The bag is almost full to the brim, should be done by the weekend though. I’m only going down about a spade width, that should be more than plenty when full.
Also I only had one problem with the raised bed, the board is slightly twisted, so it pulled the screw out, nothing major though.
Tomorrow I will be testing out my new seeds using the dirt from the ground and bag, to see how it will grow.
Today I got out into the garden much earlier since I won’t be able to this evening. I used some connectors and screwed the wood together, I didn’t get a chance to screw it on to the bed though as the rain came.
I am very impressed with how it is looking though and can’t wait to put it in.
After having a lovely fathers day, with a lovely card and lots of presents, I didn’t plan to go out in the garden today but at 5:40pm, I had two choices. Stay in and watch Star Wars or pop out and carry on putting the raised bed together. I chose the raised bed.
After about an hour this is how the stands –
I also don’t need to find another plank either, the cut offs from the other planks, once connected together will be more than big enough for the missing section, so I am happy with that.
As promised yesterday, this is where the rubble from the raised bed area is going, down the gap in the fence, to try and fill up the hole between the gardens.
Also looking between the fence, I found this smaller fence, so at some point the current fence is coming off and I will re-attach them in a much better way, so that they are much tighter, leaving more garden free.
All in all, I am happy with the progress today, I love seeing things come together. Just got to continue sifting through the dirt and get hold of manure.
So after yet another rainy start to the day, I didn’t get out into the garden until 5pm. Also today I got my father to bring down all the wood for the raised beds, along with the tools required for the job. Also these photos are taken with the ipad, I normally use my phone, a Sony Xperia S.
Unfortunately there is only enough scaffolding to do the back, front and one side. So will need to source another plank. A nice picture of the pro layout I used to get measurements.
This is all I got done of the bed though, the drill I was using died so had to put it on charge then decided to move on to the hard part – Sieving.
Here is the setup I had going, the sieve placed over the bucket and just kept going until the missus called me in for food.
The green bucket is the rubble taken from the ground, This will be used in all the gaps in the fence, I will get photos of this tomorrow. The yellow bucket, pure dirt with any worms that came out to visit.
Since tomorrow is fathers day, I doubt I will be out in the garden at all, so will at least make up some plans.
Upon looking at the garden I have decided the first thing to do is get a shed.
I plan on making a custom one suitable for my needs. At the moment it is in the planning stages, but I have got a fairly good Idea of what I want to achieve.
The shed will be a basic functioning shed with the added extra of a built in greenhouse coming off the side.
More details will be posted later on this evening once I get a better mock up made.