I split 3 plants up into 19 more strawberry plants, I’m still unsure of the names but I know one of the plants was a white variety as I grew them from seed a few years ago.
That takes me to about 35 plants. I need approximately 60 altogether to fit into my vertical planters I am making .
I do plan on getting a variety of different coloured strawberries ready to grow next year.
I’ve also brought my grapevine indoors to bring it on over winter.
I was also given a wheelbarrow, it needs a bit of doing up, so another project to keep me going. It’s in full working order, just real flaky paintwork.
So after picking up the downpipes on Tuesday and cutting the holes into one of them, I decided to start potting up all the strawberry plants I have in the garden.
This is from just the ones randomly around the garden –
These where the ones with little to no root so have put them in water and am hoping for the best –
Tomorrow or Saturday will be the trough I was given by my aunt, I’ll pot the shoots first then go from there –
My neighbor is having a patio layed so when I seen this pallet on top I had to have it, it will make an excellent raised bed –
First off, let me give my apologies for the lack of updates, but you know how it goes sometimes, other stuff get priority.
That doesn’t mean that I didn’t do any gardening though. I have done quite a bit.
Here is a picture of the grape vine before I split it up into three –
and here they are after I had finished –
Notice the potting bench in the above photo. That’s what all those planks got turned into, I’ll get a better picture tomorrow.
Now this is what I am the most happiest with, The raised bed.
From left to right – Sunflowers, Rainbow Chard, Rocket Salad and Rhubarb.
Ill get another update tonight ready for tomorrow.
Even though we have had horrendous rain today, saved me doing any watering mind, I went out and finished re-potting and putting seeds in. As promised I have gathered a list of the names of plants I have got, along with some photos.
This is what the garden currently looks like. The grass has only just been cut, hence the deadness.
Here is the £10 greenhouse form Wilkinson’s to get me started.
The Grape vine, Geraniums and Lavender.
And closer photos from inside the greenhouse.
Here are the plants that I have currently got in the greenhouse and out in the garden –
Lettuce – Cut and come again
Sunflower – Unknown
Strawberry – Unknown
Chilli Pepper – Cayenne
Chilli Pepper – Jalapeño
Chilli Pepper – Super Fresno
Spinach Picasso F1
Pansy – Swiss Giant Mix
Petunia – Multiflora F2
Garden Mint Cuttings
Grape – Muscat
Upright Geranium – Red
Upright Geranium – Pink Bi-Colour
So today I had an accident, Sliced my finger open putting together the greenhouse I bought, so couldn’t get my had dirty.
On a happier note, I bought a few plants, listed below –
Strawberry Child Grow Kit
Plus a few pack of seeds.
Sorry for the vagueness but its now too dark to go back out and check, so I will do it first thing in the morning and post the proper names up, along with some pictures.
Also I took some measurements for the shed end of the garden and will hopefully continue the planning late into tonight.
I will also post a picture of the garden in the state of when we first moved into the house.
This entry was posted in
Plants, The Garden and tagged D.I.Y, Garden Shed, Gardens, Grow Your Own, Home and Garden, Injury, Plants, Progression, The Muddy Gardener on . June 11, 2013